cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
eClaire
Level 4
69 67 2 15
Message 351 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

wazaaappp -

Yes an update for you. For whatever reason, you placed an order in Europe's Windows 7 Ordering System.   Your message was sent to them as the only visibility I have are for North America (NA) orders which begin with "222...".  Yours began with "333..." and there was no ability to look it up in NA. to know what product you have, what kit/language you need, etc.

It took a few days to find the righ person to provide your order #.   Yesterday, it was provided to the correction person in Europe.

Let me know if you don't hear anything by Monday, OK?

eClaire

HP employee who is speaking for myself and not for HP.
0 Kudos
utmonstertjuh
2 2 0 1
Message 352 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have bought on 30-01-2010 a new desktop: HP Pavilion Elite PC m9680nl. I was surprised there was upgrade possibility. Then i read on the site of HP that if between date you could recieve the upgrade. I jumped a whole in air hurray. But when i tried to write the serial(s) it won't accept it.... Please please please can somebody help me. It is so so wrong that you buy a desktop on 30-1 and there is no upgrade for Windows7..... Sorry for some bad english words, forgive me and regards from the Netherlands. ( (I realy hope that anybody can help me for 15-02-2010).

eClaire
Level 4
69 67 2 15
Message 353 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

utmonstertjuh -

It looks like you have a European model PC so if you could provide me with an e-mail at the following address, I will forward your information to our European Upgrade team.  If you would like to include your SN, that would be helpful for them.   *please do not respond in the forums with that information".  Send to information to:

Win7_Upgrade_Option_Program@hp.com

Thank you.

eClaire

0 Kudos
eClaire
Level 4
69 67 2 15
Message 354 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Meshbauh -

If you'll provide your 10-digit serial number, product number, and confirm you are in the U.S. or Canada, I will do my best to be of help.   Please provide it to the following e-mail address (do not place on the forums):

Send to:   Win7_Upgrade_Option_Program@hp.com

Thank you.

eClaire

0 Kudos
utmonstertjuh
2 2 0 1
Message 355 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for responding, but it is solved already. The people from the upgrade site told me to chance the - into # and it reconized the number(s) now. So it's all going on his way to mine upgrade. I've send today the money notes from the store by uplouding the acrobat files and now i have to wait for the bill what they send me. After i paid the 25 Euro's i will recieve the disc with win 7, again thanks for the responding and the time, regards visitorfromspace

0 Kudos
PetskuZ
1 1 0 0
Message 356 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi.

I ordered Windows 7 upgrade disc which was included when i purchased my computer (Pavilion DV7-2080). Currently I have a 32bit Vista which doesn't allow me to use more than 3GB of memory and I have 4GB. I want to utilize the whole memory and therefor I'd like to install a 64bit Windows 7.

I read about this earlier and found out that I'd have to do a clean install which would remove all the data. That's OK to me. I read that the disc would include both versions (32bit and 64bit) and that I'd just have to choose 'custom install' and at some point choose 64bit version.

So.. I ordered the Windows 7 upgrade thing and paid only the postage. Now I received the package and I received these:

-Manual

-HP Upgrade Manager

-Windows 7 Home Premium Upgrade Media

And it says this on the upgrade media disc: "This disk contains 32-bit software only"

Is this true?? I never had the opportunity to choose between 32bit and 64bit. It was said that the disc would include both versions. I really want the better version to take advantage of the computer I bought! :Crying:

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
CptSternn
Level 1
13 10 0 0
Message 357 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Whats up with the upgrade offer?

I recently bought a new HP laptop and desktop PC.  Both had the 'FREE Windows 7 Upgrade' on the box and in the literature that came with each.

I filled out the form for my laptop, and then they tell me it's €29.90 for shipping.  Really?  Where exactly are they shipping it from?  I just purchased a hard drive from Hong Kong and shipping was only €7.00.  I'm in Ireland BTW.

For those in America, €29.90 in shipping is about $45 USD.  Considering I can go buy the same upgrade at the local shop for €60, I'm trying to figure out how this is FREE.  At best its half price.

But anyway, I digress.  I sent off the reciept in the post three weeks ago.  I got an email today saying they never got it, and without it they won't give me the upgrade.  Great.  They screw me for 30 quid, and now tell me I'm screwed and will get nothing at all.  So much for the 'FREE Windows 7 Upgrade'.

Then there is the desktop PC.  The online upgrade adviso website tells me my serial number isn't valid.  I was able to register here on the HP website the same serial number and bring up my warranty information.  I again contacted HP who tell me they are working on the issue and that their system is being updated and it could take 10 days to sort out.  That was 16 days ago.  They now don't respond to my emails.

As a former HP employee I must say customer service as well as satisfaction has plummetted in the past couple of years.  If I knew HP were going to screw me on shipping and on my copies of W7 I would have definately bought a Dell instead. 

I'm going to PC world today to see about their return policy.  I feel that this is blatent false advertising.  Anyone else here have a similar problem?

0 Kudos
CptSternn
Level 1
13 10 0 0
Message 358 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  Everytime I ask about it here they delete my post.

0 Kudos
eClaire
Level 4
69 67 2 15
Message 359 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CptSternn - In what country were your PCs purchased?   What is your SHIP TO country?   Which ordering site did you use (you can just provide the URL)? 

eClaire

0 Kudos
eClaire
Level 4
69 67 2 15
Message 360 of 406
Flag Post
HP Recommended

PetskuZ -

I can verify that you received the correct 32-bit version of the Upgrade. 

The Windows 7 Upgrade Option has specific guidelines Microsoft set forth about which versions of the software customers can receive in the upgrade path between Vista and Windows 7.  One requirement is:  an OS version of 32-bit factory-installed on a Vista PC can only be upgraded to a 32-bit version of Windows 7. The same wiith 64-bit.  No exceptions.

The reason you do not remember getting the choice of 32-bit or 64-bit is that HP determined which upgrade you should get based on what your PC model is.  The Upgrade Option Program is not the avenue to change versions (that includes 32 or 64-bit) or an existing Vista PC. 

The way to get a 64-bit OS version is to buy a retail version of the OS and do the clean install.

eClaire

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation