cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
tundrwd
Level 3
53 38 3 5
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

What boot/format mode to use with Rufus to install Win10 TP on a Stream 7

HP Recommended

Ok - got Rufus, and I see lots of messages about using it to create a bootable USB drive to install Win 10 TP .iso

I'm not sure I've seen a RELIABLE reference to which boot mode needs to be enabled for a Stream 7.  This is to specifically install other OSs - primarily Win 10 TP.  So, is it:

• MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI computers
  • MBR partition scheme for UEFI computers
  • GPT partition scheme for UEFI computers

Which is it?

0 Kudos
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
_Kevin_
Level 2
23 23 0 6
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You really don't need Rufus.

Get a 8 GB USB drive

Format with FAT32 in Windows 8 or 8.1

Mount the ISO

Copy all of the files and directories to the USB drive

Turn off the Stream 7

Press Volume Down

Press the Power Button and then release

Release the Volume button

It should go into the BIOS screen.

Press F9 and select the USB option.

0 Kudos
tundrwd
Author
Level 3
53 38 3 5
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So - a plain 'ole MBR? 

I've heard others mention that since it uses UEFI, and a UEFI format is necessary.  That's why I'm asking.  I've seen posts that reference all 3 types of boot record formats for the USB.

I already created one using Rufus, and 32bit (for the HP Stream 7) fits nicely on a 4GB flash drive - or seems to.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation