cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
ByteOnThis
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Windows 10 Compatibility Report - Issues Detected

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have reserved my free Windows 10 upgrade and am intersted in downloading and installing the upgrade when it's available. I checked my PC for compatibility issues in regards to the free upgrade and it detected four issues. 

Will there be support available to fix these issues by the time I'm ready to upgrade on July 29th, 2015? I have provided an image of some system information and images of the issues detected.

00-system-information

00-compatibility-report01-compatibility-report

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 454 848
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there @ByteOnThis

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, both from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.

I understand that you are looking for information on the Windows 10 upgrade when it becomes available. I am happy to help you with this.

Please visit www.hp.com/go/windows10upgrade for more details. HP will provide information on which units have been tested and qualified with Windows 10 as available.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
0 Kudos
ByteOnThis
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Malygris1,

Thank you for responding to my topic. I have viewed the provided link and cannot find any solid information regarding support for the detected issues on my notebook PC model. 

As an HP customer, what can I do to ensure that my notebook PC will be fully compatible with Windows 10?

0 Kudos
Bob_Headrick
Level 16
Level 16
33,307 26,662 2,425 8,957
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The information on what will be supported and what will not will likely only be reported after (or perhaps concurrent with) the release on July 29.

The current versions of Windows are in flux, with changes with each revision.  On my Omni 10 for example I have been using releases since build 9847 or so with success.  The most recent 10130 build "broke" my wifi compatibility, I had to roll back to 10122 to restore that functionality.

I would expect things to get more stable in the next six weeks but at this point I would say it is difficult to know what will be supported in the initial release. 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation