cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Valdenan
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 28
Flag Post

Windows 7 Upgrade Option Program

HP Recommended

Order Date: 21/10/2009

Do you think my proof of purchase is going to be validated anytime soon?

0 Kudos
27 REPLIES 27
TBott
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 2 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

They are really backed up - so frustrating!  I called last night to ask when they would approve my request (submitted last Wed, 10/21) - they reviewed & approved my receipt on the spot, but then told me it'll be about 3 weeks before it ships - !   arrgggghhh!  

Here's the number, if you want to call - Phone (U.S. and Canada): 1-877-280-2279

0 Kudos
trebor72
4 4 0 1
Message 3 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can try calling them, as I have done, but I wouldn't expect it to change anything- we're all likely in for a bloody long wait, no matter how loudly we complain.

Remember, Aravato is just following orders set forth by Microsoft and the PC makers. It really isn't fair to blame them- they've got little control over the situation. That's what Microsoft and the manufacturers are really paying them for- to deal with angry consumers who've just woken up to the reality that their software won't be arriving anytime soon. After all, they've got better things to do, like produce flashy ad campaigns telling the world how super awesome they are.

As I have said on other threads, this program feels like a giant mail-in rebate operation. Anyone ever get their money back in less than 2-3 months in those instances? I never did. I usually had to harass the daylights out of the fulfillment house just to get my 20 bucks back inside of 3 months.

I've read some comments here stating that Aravato is really 'jammed up' getting these packages out. Gee, what a surprise. I guess October 22 just sort of snuck up on them. Given that they're in the business of making money off this contract, I'm sure the bare minimum of staff are being used to process the mountains of orders, which all but ensures that some of us will be receiving our kits at Christmas.

It sucks I know, but this is about making money, folks. Real customer service is expensive and hurts the bottom line. What we have instead, is called a compromise. 

You want a free upgrade? Then you'd best just get on with your lives, forget about the delay and be pleasantly surprised one day when you open your mailbox.

Valdenan
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 4 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Alright, my order status changed to accepted. How long will it take for my order to get shipped?
0 Kudos
ghays
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was approved in August and I haven't received my upgrade yet. I don't like not getting this upgrade "soon after" the release date, but I really hate the fact that the total information blackout. The wait would be a little more bearable if I knew when I would reach the light at the end of the tunnel.

0 Kudos
TBott
Level 1
7 6 0 0
Message 6 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended
yes, I definitely agree about the "information blackout" - It would help a great deal if we could be given an accurate estimate for delivery date and also if we could receive updates & status' along the way.  In this day and age, it defies all reason why it takes a a couple weeks just to receive a confirmation email!  Shouldn't that be automated?  The lack of service is disturbing.  And while it may be other companies that are controlling the process, it does not reflect well on HP.  Had I known the delay would be so long, I would have done what any logical consumer would have done - I would have waited to buy my laptop post-Windows 7 ship.  HP still would have received the revenue, but I would have been a happier customer. 
0 Kudos
Valdenan
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended
My order status is still Accepted.
0 Kudos
ryguy2008
Level 4
182 180 3 11
Message 8 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If your order was approved before October 22nd, then you will receive your kit within 60 days from October 22nd.

If it was accepted after October 22nd, then it'll be received within 60 days from the day your POP was Accepted.

0 Kudos
Connor56
1 1 0 0
Message 9 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Now there's another delay.

Arveto will not dispatch the upgrade pack until they receive some updated drivers from HP. To think I'm paying $40 for the privilege.

Not a happy bunny :HalfEyes:

0 Kudos
OnTheElk
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 28
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I uploaded my proof of purchase t Arvato on Oct 15, 2009. I received emails from them on the 16th, 23rd, and lastly on Nov 12. Initially they showed my status as "new." Then it changed to "POP" pending validation of my proof of purchase. Now it has reverted back to "new." It is very frustrating as I downloaded the software from their site which allowed them to upload information directly to them from my purchsed machine and followed their directions in uploading an Adobe Acrobat copy of my proof of purchase of the HP laptop from Best Buy. This is my first HP and while I have been fairly satisfied with its performance and value, no more than I have from other makes and models from its competitors. Unless they provide better assistance to their customers in obtaining promised benefits I will think long and hard before purchasing HP in the future.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation