cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
gamerdude
Level 1
8 7 0 2
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

dv6t - no volume control in windows 7

HP Recommended
I did a clean install of Windows 7 on a dv6t-1200, and everything is great except for the touch-sensitive volume control and touch-sensitive mute button.  I installed the HP Quick Launch Button Driver (sp43616) but this made no difference.  Is the the driver that controls these buttons?  Any ideas?  Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
cnfrisch
Level 7
945 945 50 137
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

By the time the final version of Windows 7 becomes generally available on October 22nd, there should be Windows 7 drivers available from the HP Support & Drivers Web Site.  In the meantime, check with  Windows Update for available drivers.

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Expert - Consumer

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Correct, HP has not finalized their drivers for all of the units. Keep checking back closer to the release date.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

gamerdude
Author
Level 1
8 7 0 2
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do realize that HP will update their drivers and release them around the Oct. 22 retail release of Windows 7.  Thanks.  I appologize for the typo in the original post (I don't see an edit option); My main question is, "Is the HP Quicklaunch driver even the correct driver that controls the touch-sensitive volume controls?"  Nothing else in the list of drivers looks likely to me.  I thought about the chipset driver, but I doubt it.  Also, what driver controls the HP Wireless Assistant?  I currently don't have that installed (don't know which driver it is), but the touch-sensitive wireless button does toggle the wireless NIC on and off without the Wireless Assistant installed.

Thanks.

Adamtech
Level 8
1,230 1,227 80 219
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended
You would need the QuickLaunch and HP Wireless Assistant to operate all of the touch buttons.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation