cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
everettggpc
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

hp notebook g70-460us displays message to convert to a higher capacity adapter for better performanc

HP Recommended

Up graded bios on a g70-460us notebook and now get a window opening in lower right corner of screen which says, "Warning! For full performance connect a higher capacity ac adapter" Any ideas of what to check or what to do? 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Kalt
Level 12
4,535 4,501 384 1,083
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly.  Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then we'll move on.

To Perform A Hard Reset

• Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for  5 seconds)
  • Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
  • Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook.  There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
  • Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
  • Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.
0 Kudos
everettggpc
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the suggestion.  I did the hard reset and turned the laptop on but as soon as I got signed on the message contiued to appear.  I read further and saw that some users had uinstalled the Quick Launch Buttons software and the message stopped popping up.  I checked to see if my laptop even had the buttons and it does not.  Then I checked to see if HP offered the software as a download in case I would need to reinstall.  When I saw HP offered the download I uninstalled the Quick Launch software and no more pop up message.  Thanks again.  I guess the bios upgrade had some effect on that software program. 

0 Kudos
yjmarigold
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have had my G70 460US for 2.5 years and did not make any changes or upgrades.  I recently received the same message as the person that posted the above message.   He said he uninstalled something and the problem went away.   Was it something that was in the laptop before the upgrade or something that he removed when he upgraded that made the problem go away?  Please help me if you can and thank you.

0 Kudos
everettggpc
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The quick launch button software was in the computer as an installed program before I upgraded the BIOS. 

When I found out I have no quick launch buttons and have never used the software and many users said uninstalling the program stopped the pop up window, I decided I would also uninstall it.  Since it is uninstalled I have had no additional problems.  Just go to control panel, programs, then pick out the quick launch button program and uninstall it.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation