cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
bmoney69
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

migrating Software when installing win7

HP Recommended

How do I keep or transfer all my current software off my HP laptop when or prior to doing a clean install of Windows 7 not and upgrade I have an rc og windows 7 and want to install but dont want to loose all my software that came preinstalled on my laptop wich is running Vista 64 bit and will be upgrsading to Win 7 64 bit what can I do to reinstall this pre installed that came with my laptop I have made the restore disks however those restore back to orifinal version in wich my laptop was sent to me so thats no good any ideas?????? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 32,365 3,357 11,501
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
C:\Swsetup contains driver and app installers. copy what you want to keep from that folder to dvd.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
CherylG
Level 17
44,714 32,365 3,357 11,501
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended
C:\Swsetup contains driver and app installers. copy what you want to keep from that folder to dvd.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the Thumbs-Up button as a way to say Thanks!***

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation