Ask questions. Help others.
The HP Community is here for you.
Post new question
Question

Note on archived topics.
This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here, or click on "Post new question" above and select the appropriate board.
Student
Message 1 of 10 (7,446 Views)

my scanner software doesn't install with windows 8 preview (HP SCANJET 2400)

Hi,

I have a HP SCANJET 2400 scanner. I have recently installed Windows 8 Release Preview and discovered that the software that I installed on Windows 7 doesn't seem to work. The installation application dosen't work properly and unable to install application suit of HP Solution Center.

Are there any available solutions for Windows 8 yet (even if its only beta software - I'm happy to give it a go)?

Thanks

VijayS

0 Kudos
Top Student
Message 2 of 10 (7,394 Views)

Re: my scanner software doesn't install with windows 8 preview (HP SCANJET 2400)

Hi there,

From my testing, if software installed on Windows 7 it will install on Windows 8.  If you installed Windows 8 over the top of Windows 7, I would try uninstalling all software related to the 2400, reboot, and then try re-installing. 

Check out:

http://sawpro.atlanta.hp.com/km/saw/view.do?docId=emr_na-c03408379&hsid=41953472&sz=104605

Intern
Message 3 of 10 (7,316 Views)

Re: my scanner software doesn't install with windows 8 preview (HP SCANJET 2400)

Hi vijays,

did you try running your software installation in "compatibility mode"?

right click your setup file and select properties - TAB Compatibility - enable compatibility mode and select windows 7 or xp sp3 and try running the setup again.

if this doesn´t work you could download and run this wizard (not sure if works on your model but you could give it a try)

Download here:

HP Wizard

you should also run it in compatibility mode if it doesn´t work on win 8 , it will download and install the best software & driver for your ScanJet.

hope it helps,

regards

Top Student
Message 4 of 10 (7,309 Views)

I actually installed on Windows 8 using Solution Center v13 that is listed for the 2400.  I didn’t need to use compatibility mode but I did notice 2 Flash Player related pop-ups that were not visible on the screen, just the taskbar.   The installation hung until the pop-ups were replied to.  I have installed several other HP Scanjets on Windows 8 using the same version of Solution Center and have not seen these Flash Player related error messages.      

Intern
Message 5 of 10 (7,263 Views)

There is only limited support for Adobe Flash in Windows 8.  I have noticed in the past that some versions of HP Support Center utilize flash.

Take a look at my post here:  http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Windows-8-Release-Preview/SOLUTION-Get-Win-7-Printer-Drivers-HP-Solutio...

Try some variations of this and see if any of them work for you.  Kudos to me if it solves your problem.

Intern
Message 6 of 10 (7,258 Views)

odaroloc,

even so i recommend you to try the method advised by me, using HP PIW 

if that doesn´t solve your problem  then i rest my case Smiley Wink

Professor
Message 7 of 10 (6,901 Views)

Have you checked out this document for guidence with your Scanjet 2400 scanner?

HP Scanjet - Scanners Supported in Windows 8

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Student
Message 8 of 10 (6,540 Views)

vijays wrote:

Hi,

I have a HP SCANJET 2400 scanner. I have recently installed Windows 8 Release Preview and discovered that the software that I installed on Windows 7 doesn't seem to work. The installation application dosen't work properly and unable to install application suit of HP Solution Center.

Are there any available solutions for Windows 8 yet (even if its only beta software - I'm happy to give it a go)?

Thanks

VijayS

Student
Message 9 of 10 (5,615 Views)

my eprint softwear will not load on my windows 8

Student
Message 10 of 10 (3,992 Views)

Re: my scanner software doesn't install with windows 8 preview (HP SCANJET G3110)

I installed a new hard drive in my PC and installed a new copy of Windows 8 on it. 

I went to the HP Web site and downloaded the scanner software for Windows 8. 

My computer isn't recognizing the scanner.  I keep getting a message about an unrecognized USB device. 

Does anyone know how to fix this? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation