cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
david_gang
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

windows 7 upgrade directly from computer

HP Recommended

Dear all 

ho can i do windows 7 upgrade directly from the web?

There must be an option to download a file from the net burn a cd and install it. 

It is faster and i don't want to wait for the shipping.

Thanks,

David

2 REPLIES 2
DexterM
Level 10
4,502 4,475 304 1,050
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Through the upgrade option, you'll only get Windows 7 on a disk, and it is not available for download.
I am an ex-HP Employee. Currently inactive on the forum.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
SWY
Level 4
89 87 2 18
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

If you are getting it from HP then the option is a disk; however, if you are just looking to buy the upgrade from Microsoft, you have the option of purchasing the disk, a download, or a download with disk backup.  Just go to the Microsoft store, choose the upgrade version you want, and you will have the options on the next page.  BTW, I am sure you know this but you will definitely not be burning to CD - it is a DVD burner only option given the size of the ISO....

Stephen

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation