Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15-B129wm TouchSmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Last night I updated my computer to the latest Windows update and today my internal speakers are not working together like they have been prior. I checked the setting and they are both turned on and they are both working. I tested each side with the speaker test and the work perfectly individually. I also checked the driver update and it is up to date according to my computer. I also turned off the left speaker and the right works and then turned off the left and tested the right and it works as well.  The sound works fine with earbuds, just not with the speakers properly. 

I believe that the issue has something to do with the driver, but I don't know how to fix it and I need my speakers because I am not always able to just use earbuds. 

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if installing this W10 audio driver and restarting the PC resolves the problem...

This package contains the driver that enables the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63501-64000/sp63555.exe

HP Recommended

It's better! If I have it turned up all the way I can hear it. It sounds like it would where I would normally keep it around 20-30ish, I just have to have it up all the way to have it there. It's almost inaudible around 20-30 with things like the A/C running and just normal noise. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.