Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 15 (953 Views)

Sprocket doesn't print. Android 7.

Product Name: HP SPROCKET
My month old HP SPROCKET doesn't print the pictures. The blue paper comes out but then it stops. It also used to tell me that I had the wrong paper installed. Now I don't know what to do.
0 Kudos
Teacher
Message 2 of 15 (924 Views)

Re: Sprocket doesn't print. Android 7.

@Dmbondo -

Thanks for the feedback.  Don't worry, we'll get this taken care of for you.  First off, are you using 'HP brand' ZINK paper, or another brand such as Polaroid or LG?  If the latter, you can remove the blue smartsheet when printing to overcome this issue; but note that you are likely to see color variation that wouldn't occur if using our branded HP paper.  

Pricing on the different ZINK paper in the market should be similar, so hopefully there isn't a reason to use off-brand paper that could impact your print quality.

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you Smiley Happy
Tutor
Message 3 of 15 (908 Views)

Yes I am using hp zinc paper. Sad to say that this started almost as soon as I purchased this.
I have the black one. Is there a difference in loading the paper from the white one? Only because all the directions show the white one.
Tutor
Message 4 of 15 (905 Views)

Also, what is the purpose of the blue paper?
Teacher
Message 5 of 15 (887 Views)

Hi @Dmbondo - 

My guess is that you are running the previous version of FW, which could occasionally have an issue with smartsheet detection.  Could you try updating the firmware on your sprocket w/the following steps?

You can download the new release following the steps below:

1.)           Make sure your Sprocket battery is charged greater than 75%, otherwise you won’t see the firmware update option.

2.)           Ensure your Sprocket is powered on and connected to your phone/sprocket app

3.)           In the Sprocket mobile app, tap ‘menu’ (3 lines) -> ‘sprocket’ -> ‘Printers’ -> ‘Get Firmware Upgrade’ (blue text)

After updating, please try the printing process again and let me know if you are encountering the same issue.

Thanks so much!

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you Smiley Happy
Tutor
Message 6 of 15 (882 Views)

When I go to Google play store, there are no updates available. 1. My battery is always fully charged before I use it.
2. Sprocket is always powered on and the phone is always on the app.
3. I'm going to try #3 and I will get back to you.
Teacher
Message 7 of 15 (876 Views)

@Dmbondo -

Thank you for trying the steps I recommended.  I mentioned all 3 steps, because #1 and #2 must be done before you can attempt #3.

This isn't related to an App update in the Google store, but rather updating the firmware on your physical Sprocket device. 

Please try updating your printer firmware from the app as recommended in step #3 and let me know if that solves your problem.

Thank you!

Tutor
Message 8 of 15 (857 Views)

When I do that, it only tells me that my firmware is 1.1.2 It there is nothing there to click onto in order to upgrade firmware.
I also went on the app on my phone, and it only says Uninstaller or force stop. No upgrade.
My phone now is 96% charged.
Feeling really disappointed and dissatisfied.
Tutor
Message 9 of 15 (855 Views)

I'm sorry, not my phone. Sprocket is 96% charged.
Tutor
Message 10 of 15 (851 Views)

When I do that, it only tells me that my firmware is 1.1.2 It there is nothing there to click onto in order to upgrade firmware.
I also went on the app on my phone, and it only says Uninstaller or force stop. No upgrade.
My phone now is 96% charged.
Feeling really disappointed and dissatisfied.
It prints blank w/of the blue aper.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation