Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Dear all,

we are currently considering purchasing multiple Pro S3 Dual Camera Systems for different institutes/ universities.

Does anyone have further information on the achievable resolution and accuracy of the Pro S3 Dual Camera System?

Unfortunately, I was not able to find in-depth information, except the listed specifications of "Resolution/ Precision: Up to .05% of scan size (up to .05 mm)", which is fairly unspecific; the achievable resolution does not inherently relate to accuracy or precision and combining those terms seems rather sloppy (sorry, no ill intend).

Also, the Dual Camera System should be able to achieve a better accuracy than a single camera system but as far as I have seen, it states the same specifications regarding precision.

Is there specification on precision (repeatability), correctness (truth to real word) and accuracy ( precision + correctness)?

All the best,

Arie.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello there,

It's really sad that nobody had answered this wonderful matter.

I think that nowadays, people want to know really well what is going to get previously the purchase.

These kinds of questions are valid and really fair from my viewpoint.

HP support team can you take a little moment answering this matter, you know,  in order to boost the confidence of new customers.

Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

This scanner does not belong to the class of metrological equipment. Therefore, "real" accuracy is a fraction of a percent of the size of the scanned object.
For an object the size of a meter, it will be quite low in absolute value.
A small object will have better accuracy with the same percentage of error.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.