Locked topic

This topic has been locked due to inactivity for a long period of time. If you have a question, please create a new topic by clicking here.
Highlighted
olegator Honor Student
Honor Student
4 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Comparison function in Version 5 of the software

HP 3D Scan v5
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Greetings! I am currently testing out the demo version of HP 3D Scan v5 and I have come across this function, with which you can compare 2 objects. Below you can see a screenshot of a comparison between 2 different 3D-models of the same skullimplant. At first the comparison seems alright, but I am confused about the difference numbers. If you look at the colour scale, you see for example that the blue color represents regions with a positive deviation, but if I let the software tell me the exact deviation in that region, it shows me an inverted number, i.e. a negative number. Why is it so? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you!

OlegatorVergleich.jpg

1 REPLY
Grad Student
Grad Student
317 19 31
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Comparison function in Version 5 of the software

For positive deviation result is negative and vice versa, for negative deviation result is positive. If both results were positive or negative yuo could not say which result is part of whice deviation.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation