Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Hp 3d scanner pro3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have encountered a problem with my Acer K132 WXGA DLP LED Projector. When I scan an object with the lens the scanner came with it scans just fine but some of the fine detailed parts don't get picked up by the scanner because they're so small.Scan with original lensScan with original lens

I bought a new lens to scan the fine details and small pieces although the scans had this weird pattern that showed up on all the scans. It picks up the smallest detail but everything looks like its made out of cloth.scan with new lensscan with new lens I found that the lens was picking up the pixels from the dlp chip and thats why everything looked like it had these small diamond patterns on the scans. Is there a projector anyone knows of that has a dlp chip that has whats called the screen door effect where the pixels run side to side or up or down instead of being at a 45 degree angle and run diagonally? I'm hoping that will get rid of the jagged edges on the straight lines of the projected pattern. Any help would be greatly appreciated.projector patternprojector pattern

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Yes. This is a commonly discussed topic. This problem becomes more acute with higher resolution cameras. Getting both a higher resolution projector (1080p) and one with square pixels will help dramatically. LG projectors (I use an LG PF1500) have square pixels. you can also slightly de-focus the projector slightly though that can be hit or miss.

[edit]

www.3dscanforum.org
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.