Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMW9334
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot pair the tablet with the keyboard that came with it

An HP10 tablet that came with a keyboard purchased 5 yrs ago and never used before.  It will not pair with the Bluetooth keyboard......all the codes just get an error message

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,690 20,293 1,694 2,768
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Cannot pair the tablet with the keyboard that came with it

@DMW9334 Welcome to HP Community!

If that's a T1000 keyboard compatible with the HP 10 Tablet, here's what you need to do:

(If its a regular keyboard: click here for steps)

1. On the tablet, go to Settings, then Bluetooth, and then enable Bluetooth if it is not already enabled.

Figure : Bluetooth

Bluetooth with Settings selected
  2. Turn on the power switch (1) for the keyboard, verify that the power LED (2) comes on (it only stays on for 3 seconds).

Figure : Power switch and LED

1. Power switch

2. LED

3. Initiate Bluetooth pairing mode: press the Fn + Bluetooth keys.

Figure : Keyboard

Keyboard with Fn key and Bluetooth keys selected
  4. The tablet begins searching for available Bluetooth devices and the power LED begins blinking (it will blink until a device is detected or for 2 minutes). Once detected, the HP Bluetooth Keyboard T1000 appears under Available devices.

Figure : Keyboard listed as Bluetooth device

Keyboard listed as Bluetooth device
  5. Touch the HP Bluetooth Keyboard T1000 entry; the tablet will try to connect and a pairing request dialog appears.

Figure : Bluetooth pairing request

Bluetooth pairing request
  6. Type in the pairing code and press Enter. Once pairing is complete the keyboard will be listed under Paired devices.

Figure : Paired devices

Paired devices

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation