Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp 10 Tablet
Android 4.1 - 4.3.1 Jelly Bean

15576907623483330128755242576455.jpg

Hi HP team,

I am not able to factory reset my device . Everytime i do it it gets stuck at the logo screen for hours and no results after that . Please help me out

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Ravimohanbhatt

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try these steps -

1) Charge the tablet for at least half an hour, and then disconnect the charging cable from the tablet.
2) If you have a microSD card installed in the tablet, remove the memory card before resetting the tablet.
3) Select your tablet model from the list below to view instructions for resetting the tablet.

4) With the device powered off, press and hold the power and volume up buttons simultaneously for approximately five seconds, and then release.

Side view of tablet with the power and volume up buttons highlighted

The HP logo is displayed, and a few seconds later the Android system recovery menu is displayed.
5) When the Android system recovery menu displays, use the volume down button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset.

Wipe data/factory reset

6) Press the power button to select.
7) The screen displays Confirm wipe of all user data? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE. Use the volume down button to highlight Yes -- delete all user data.

Confirm wipe of all user data

😎 Press the power button to confirm and begin the reset.
A recovery system screen shows the reset process. Wait for the reset process to complete.
9) When the screen displays the message Data wipe complete, highlight Reboot system now, and then press the power button to select.

Reboot system now

10) Wait for the device to reboot.
The factory reset is complete.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi , I have been trying to do so but it is stuck on HP logo only does not goes forward . Stuck there forever . I think the OS is corrupted i possible need a way to put a new OS in it

HP Recommended

@Ravimohanbhatt,

As you have tried to follow the steps suggested and unfortunately it's getting stuck on HP Logo, this looks like a possible hardware failure. 

I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP Support team can be reached on this link.

Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.

That said, take care and have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.