05-12-2019 01:55 PM
Hi HP team,
I am not able to factory reset my device . Everytime i do it it gets stuck at the logo screen for hours and no results after that . Please help me out
05-13-2019 10:43 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community.
Try these steps -
1) Charge the tablet for at least half an hour, and then disconnect the charging cable from the tablet.
2) If you have a microSD card installed in the tablet, remove the memory card before resetting the tablet.
3) Select your tablet model from the list below to view instructions for resetting the tablet.
4) With the device powered off, press and hold the power and volume up buttons simultaneously for approximately five seconds, and then release.
The HP logo is displayed, and a few seconds later the Android system recovery menu is displayed.
5) When the Android system recovery menu displays, use the volume down button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset.
6) Press the power button to select.
7) The screen displays Confirm wipe of all user data? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE. Use the volume down button to highlight Yes -- delete all user data.
😎 Press the power button to confirm and begin the reset.
A recovery system screen shows the reset process. Wait for the reset process to complete.
9) When the screen displays the message Data wipe complete, highlight Reboot system now, and then press the power button to select.
10) Wait for the device to reboot.
The factory reset is complete.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
05-20-2019 01:34 PM
As you have tried to follow the steps suggested and unfortunately it's getting stuck on HP Logo, this looks like a possible hardware failure.
I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance.
HP Support team can be reached on this link.
Let me know if you need any further assistance. I'll be more than happy to help you.
That said, take care and have a great day!
I am an HP Employee