Cheesecrums Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Updated US image for 2101us

Hp 10 2101us

I aquired this tablet from a family member. They purchased it off some tv advertising. To my understanding a factory format was performed. And when it turned back on. It was running the China android image.....so now for months i have had it searching for a US android image to format this tablet with....i have tried some downloads i have seen however i get the infamous "can't install this package over a newer one." "Install aborted". I have tried to dig into the files and change the "date" of creation to see if that would help. So hopefully someone at hp can lend me a hand.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,297 10,109 681 660
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cheesecrums

Welcome to HP Community

You can try downloading the Android OS from HP Website: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-10-tablet/5447816/model/7298639

Keep me posted how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
18,585 14,893 1,027 2,038
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@KrazyToad

The link you provided supplies two downloads:  China and WW (WorldWide, excluding China and the US)!

It's not going to go well.  The user desires an English version.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,297 10,109 681 660
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WyreNut

As per the release note, the 2nd download is for global worldwide languages including English 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Cheesecrums Honor Student
Honor Student
2 1 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Although it says excludes US. I will try to WorldWide OS and see what happens i will reply tomorrow with results

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,297 10,109 681 660
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Cheesecrums

Keep me posted how it goes 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
18,585 14,893 1,027 2,038
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I answered a similar post a long time ago, and if the HP Rep's suggestion fails, try going to this page (where a download is CLEARLY listed for the US)...

HP 10 Plus downloads

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation