04-27-2020 05:20 AM
Hi, can anyone tell me how to upgrade or at least refresh the image on an HP 10 PLUS 2201na Tablet ?
I did a factory reset and since then at every boot it just runs through the initial setup again losing any settings and data.
I did download the update.zip and following instructions elsewhere on here, copied it to a microSD, started into Boot Recovery menu, and installed from external storage, but that fails with a series of errors relating to i'nvalid cache'.
The device was pretty limited from the day I bought it, having a crippled OS that prevents it using external storage, even though it has a microSD slot, and a battery that drains faster than you can charge it. But now it is only good for one-time browsing !
05-02-2020 12:20 PM
@grahamhs Welcome to HP Community!
I understand that you would like to know how to update or refresh the image on a HP 10 PLUS 2201na tablet.
Click on this link to download and install the restore image for HP 10 Tablet.
1. Download the update.zip file to your computer.
2. Copy the update.zip file into a microSD card. Do not rename or unzip this file.
3. Fully charge the tablet, and then disconnect the power from the device.
4. Power off the device.
5. Insert the microSD memory card into the reader slot.
6. Press and hold the volume up button and power button at the same time.
7. When the HP logo appears on the screen, release all the buttons.
8. When the Android system recovery menu appears, use the volume down button to highlight "apply update from external storage."
9. Press the power button to validate "apply update from external storage."
10. Use the volume down button to highlight the software recovery file, update.zip.
11. Press the power button to select the update.zip file and launch the recovery.
NOTE: Wait until the entire recovery process finishes. The device might seem unresponsive at times (multiple reboots and black screens) when it is performing the update.
When the update is complete, the Android screen displays the message at the bottom of the screen, "Install from external storage complete."
12. Press the power button to select, "reboot system now."
Let me know how that goes.
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
06-06-2020 07:06 AM
I had already downloaded the zip file, and been through the update process. It worked until next time it rebooted, then it went back to the beginning , needing Date/Time, Network etc all setting up again and all stored files and setting had gone.
I went round this loop many times before eventually it started giving errors 'unable to mount /cache' 'invalid argument' etc. it now wont get past the initial welcome screen if I boot as normal, and wont do factory reset or install from external media because of those cache errors.
From this I suspect the hardware a hardware failure.
The internals are basically a phone board with a big screen attached, so no chance of doing anything to it myself and certainly not worth paying for a repair.
I'll probably treat myself to a Galaxy to replace it.
Thanks for your help anyway.