Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Zbook 17 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There a several other forum entries describing the same issue, but without any published solution.

Latencymon and process explorer from sysinternals show, that ACPI.sys is the culprit. It put a 100%CPU load on core CPU 0 (cire i7 with 6 cores). I am on the lates BIOS version

Any solutions for that?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I just wanted to say I have the same issue, and HP has not provided any solution. I am also on the latest BIOS.

HP Recommended

HP DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!

It is so infuriating to deal with this issue on a constant basis! It eats the battery, makes the system much slower, and makes the fan constantly loud. This is not what I paid for!

I've seen other manufacturers fix this issue a long time ago. How can HP afford to not even comment on the issue? I've had to deal with this since buying the laptop in July 2019. Never again will I make the same mistake.

HP Recommended

Laptop still running red hot with absolutely no reply from HP. Thanks.

HP Recommended

The issue is resolved on my laptop for the moment.  I got the feeling it was related to screen power off/on.

Installed latest NVIDIA Quadro drivers from NVIDIA webpage  version 26.21.14.4292 (7.April 2020)

went to powerplan "balanced" and restored default settings. 

Then changed PCI Express /Link State Power Management/   both:OFF

changed "Turn off display after"  to NEVER.

that solved it.

I did not have the time to trace it down to the single point the solved it.

In the meantime I tried "Turn off display after "  5 minutes and it still looks fine. Might be related to 

* video driver

* powerplan restore default settings

* PCI Express / Link state power management.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.