cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trigger11
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

ATTENTION: Faulty file on FTP server of HP (MOF file)

HP Recommended

Attention: 

The technical white paper "HP Firmware Installer for Docks" by HP describes, among other things, how the firmware version of Thunderbolt Docks can be inventoried via SCCM / ConfigMgr. This is done by extending the hardware inventory in SCCM. The name of the corresponding chapter is "ConfigMgr - Extend hardware inventory to include Thunderbolt dock firmware information".

The following MOF file is provided for download from the HP-FTP server:
https://ftp.hp.com/pub/caps-softpaq/cmit/whitepapers/HPThunderboltG2.HWInvExt.mof.txt
-> The download link comes from the downloaded WhitePaper (PDF file).

This MOF-file (respectively TXT-file) is faulty. It's just a small error (one blank too many), but it causes all clients on the network to stop running Hardware Inventory!

bad_mof.png

The hardware inventory files end up on the SCCM server in the BADMIFS folder.

The following error is visible in the log file:
Compilation failed~Group name cannot contain trailing spaces on line 13854

To fix the problem, the imported MOF file must be corrected and re-imported via client settings (delete the old one before, of course)...

Unfortunately I didn't find another channel on the HP site to contact HP directly in some meaningful way, so I'll try this way.
I hope HP will correct that soon...

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation