Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I have an HP Probook 450 G5 laptop. There is a section named "Absolute Persistense Module Current State" in its BIOS Setup. There are two fields in this section: "Activation State" with "Inactive" value: and "Absolute Persistense Modul Permanent Disable" with "No" value. Both fields values are READ ONLY out of the box. Absolute software (Computrace), downloaded from Customer Center, was installed without errors. Information about my laptop appeared in Absolute Customer Center. But BIOS fields, mentioned above, kept unchanged. After Windows reinstall computrace was not self-restored..

I was interacting with Absolute Support for a month without result. They hint me that the problem is on my laptop side with one recomendation - update BIOS.
My system:
HP Probook 450 G5 laptop (SKU 2RS08EA). 
BIOS Version: Q85 Ver. 01.06.00  (Was updated in March 2019)
OS Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC, Version 1809, OS build 17763.107
AbsoluteSetup.exe version 4.0.0.52
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcnet.exe version 8.0.944.0
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rpcnet.dll version 8.0.944.0

AbsoluteServices.jpg

IMG_20190331_231059.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue. I bought a HP Zbook Studio G3, got this right out of the box.  I have updated the BIOS to the latest version. The status is inactive but the computrace module is not disable. Does it indicate any risk? If it does, how to permanently disable the computrace module. Please help. Thanks a lot.

HP Recommended

If you have a preinstalled Windows, then try to reinstall it from clear msdn image.  Then perform several reboots with interval about a day. Then check if persistense module appear in yourWindows services.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.