Level 1
9 5 0 3
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Another Warranty Question

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

If I receive an HP laptop that had a previous owner, and the warranty is still active, would I be eligible to get it fixed under warranty?

I tried the chat, but I can't get passed the bouncer... I mean, the Virtual Assistant. I've tried to ask the customer services on Twitter, unfortunately, it's akin to banging my head against the wall.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,021 9,918 802 3,895
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Chripper 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.

Yes, as long as the warranty is active, you will receive free support and service for your device no matter you may be the second owner/user.

If you want, you may post your question here and as long as it is something that can be solved remotely, you will get help.

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
IT_WinSec
Level 15
Level 15
10,021 9,918 802 3,895
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @Chripper 

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.

Yes, as long as the warranty is active, you will receive free support and service for your device no matter you may be the second owner/user.

If you want, you may post your question here and as long as it is something that can be solved remotely, you will get help.

>> Your FEEDBACK is important. Click below on Accept As Solution or ThumbUp+ buttons if my comments helped or to say thanks <<
*** I work for HP *** I express personal opinion only *** HP Expert - Volunteer since 2013

View solution in original post

Chripper
Author
Level 1
9 5 0 3
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you very much. That's great.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation