Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Studio G5 Mobile Workstation 17"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since upgrading the BIOS to v1.14.01 on my HP ZBook Studio G5 Mobile Workstation 17", I have had some Random Blue Screens using Windows 10. I also use a Hyper-V VM on this laptop and it crashes a couple of times a day.

This was not an issue before the BIOS Upgrade, however as HP Sure Start is enabled I cannot downgrade to a less BIOS nor would I wish to with the security issues this upgrade fixes.

Has anyone else experienced this or would know if there is something else I can do to fix it?

Jay

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Also having issues with  this latest Bios but not blue screens yet.  Mine is on a different model though - EliteBook 745 G5 and I'm getting log in issues with there sometimes not being a password entry field on the log in screen or HP Security Client nagging me to enrole new security credentials and then reporting an RPC Server not listening error.  

Do you also encounter this issue with the HP Security Client?

HP Client Security / Digital Persona - RPC Server not listen... - HP Support Community - 7874934

EliteBook 745 G5 (3UP50EA#ABU)
HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus ePrint
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.