Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook Folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Model: HP EliteBook Folio 9470m

The Core i7 version.

Hi.

I have a problem with accessing BIOS settings. It's password locked and I don't know the password. I bought it second hand.

I live in Poland.

I know I can contact support through phone call, but can I send them an email? If yes, then what's the address? I can't find anything about email contact.

Are the SMC.bin files restricted to certain models? Like 1 file per 1 laptop? If no, can anyone send me the SMC.bin file for this model?

Thanks for Your support.

Regards.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @krisss00015 

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting.

You should call them or contact them via web/ticket. Email addresses are not public.

Here are the phone numbers for the local support department >> https://www8.hp.com/pl/pl/contact-hp/phone-assist.html

The SMC.bin files are applicable only for business class devices with higher security standards.  Your Elitebook is one of them. Usually, these are some Probooks, all Elitebooks and Zbooks.

SMC.bin files are unique for your PC, they are not per model.

It's only HP support team who can generate the file for you.

Please, reach to them and let me know if you face any difficulties. Also, read the article to get familiar with some details about using the .bin file

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.