Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thank you all.

The issue still persists. I have been trying all the suggested methods, but I still couldn't fix this issue.

I left the laptop with the CMOS battery, and the main battery removed for more than a week, hoping it could reset something.

HP contacted me last friday, to tell me they were still awaiting approval from another HP department to fix this issue under warranty.

Soon the warranty will expire, so I don't know what to expect right now.

HP Recommended

I have been trying all of the key combinations, and no luck.

Battery is disconnected, CMOS battery is connected, SSD is removed, and I created a USB BIOS Recovery using from the HP drivers page. Trying to recover to version 01.19.20, from march this year.

The laptop doesn't enter the BIOS recovery. It remains stuck in the same loop.

I don't know how to force the recovery, I haven't been successful.

This is bad, I obviously needed this laptop.

It's under warranty, but HP support in my country told me they could only provide me with assistance for this after having approval from some other HP department(?) It's been more than one month of waiting.

In the meantime I have been trying every suggestion, but the laptop is just stuck in this.

If anyone can help in any way, or as any more suggestions, please come forward.

I am in no position to get a new laptop.

HP Recommended

Small update on this issue.

I was contacted by HP, yesterday, to schedule the pick up of my laptop. The warranty request was finally approved.

Today the UPS guy came to pick it up.

The HP support person on the phone told me that I didn't need to include the charger, but the email I received instructed me to specifically include it.

So I included the charger.

I have replaced the original SSD for an Samsung Evo plus of 500GB. Which is much to my liking.

I don't know how HP warranty works, but I do hope they fix my unit, and not replace with another one, so I end up with a different SSD. I brought this up with HP support, and I was told they wouldn't replace something that is mine, and did not came with the unit, the SSD in this case. I hope not.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.