Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook Notebook 840 g1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I have an notebook elitebook 840 g1 from HP.  I bought it used and ordered a new battery since the battery life are not great. but even with the new original battery it lasts maybe 2 or 2 and a half hours. (simple work, office or web browsing)

the 8750m amd gpu is disabled.

I am always on battery saving mode.

the power plan is also on battery saving.

the cpu boost on battery is disabled. (BIOS)

keyboard lights are disabled.

always low to medium brightness.

I monitor the cpu utilization. It's never high.

what the crap is the problem?

thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

it is often the case that Windows will need to reset its battery life algorithms to know about the NEW capacity of the battery... the recommendation is to temporarily eliminate/disable sleep and hibernate settings, run some video in a loop to completely run the battery down to zero, then recharge the battery fully, and let windows figure out the capacity

then reset the sleep and hibernate to your needs

HP Support Assistant also has a battery check tool that will query the HP battery and show info on its status

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.