Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre X360 Convertible 15-Bl1XX

I regret spending over $1600 for this machine at the time. I already had tons of issues just after the month of buying it. However, its been a while and there's a new (and maybe obvious) issue with the device.

The device automatically shuts down after 25%. Here's the battery report (attached), please suggest me how should I proceed?

Screenshot_7.png

I know the cycle count is already over the limit and the Cell Voltage 4 is 0. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@_Mass_ Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that Battery Automatically Shuts Down after 25%.

First of all, shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter, remove the battery, and then hold down the Power button for a full minute.

Now, plug in the AC Adapter without the battery inserted, start the notebook, open windows Control Panel, open Device Manager, expand the entry for Batteries, right click on and the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall do not uninstall anything else here.  When the uninstall is complete, shut the PC down, unplug the AC Adapter, re-insert the battery and then start the PC on just the battery.  Windows will automatically reinstall the driver - leave Windows running for a few minutes. Shutdown the PC again.  Now plug in the AC Adapter ( with the battery still inserted ) and start the notebook, let the battery fully charge, then unplug the AC Adapter and run on the battery to see if this has helped the issue at all.

Please update the BIOS and check.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi there, thanks for responding.

I feel disappointed to know that a verified HP Support Agent doesn't care about the details of the issue and starts responding and suggesting right away.

Screenshot_17.png

As it is clearly displayed on the top of the thread that my device is HP Spectre X360 Convertible 15-Bl1XX, and you as a support agent should know that it is an ultrabook and has a non-removable battery! So, that drives to a conclusion that your suggested solution is flawed.

HP Recommended

@_Mass_

I understand your concerns.

No need to remove the battery. just uninstall the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery drivers from the device manager and update the BIOS and check.

Please let us know the result.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.