Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

I sell used business laptops and have used the Support Assistant software to check their battery for a long time but now I spotted what I think is a issue that needs to be fixed. It count's the % totally wrong. It's counting it from the Designed Capacity in relation to Full Charge Capacity  when that equals totally useless information.It should  count it from Remaining Capacity in relation to Designed Capacity. That actually gives us a number we can use and is correct, the max charge capacity. I'm sorry the pic is in Finnish but I didn't have a English win10 installed. I translated it though 😉

batterywhat.jpg

Some just might say "you should look at the numbers and count it" and yea I should if I knew Support Assistant is lying to me.  People might say this is not a big deal but when I sell a laptop with false information about it's battery (unknowingly but it doesn't matter), it's fraud. And god knows how many I've sold now like that, so yea thanks alot Hp for making me a fraud unknowingly.  I'm certain this has not always been like this, it used to be correct but can't remember when.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.