Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Example: Hp 15BS-637tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
  • I am using hp 15bs 637 tu laptop with windows 10 home as the operating system. And now i am facing some battery issues such as the battery doesn't charges upto 100% and for every time it charges upto 87% after attaining this much amount the charging stops. Ans there is another problem and that is my system automatically shut down without showing any warning when it goes under 25%. And i also changed the Power option settings to the default but it still not working
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi
PLEASE POST ANY RESULTS.
First:- Turn off the computer, press and hold the PWR button for 4 seconds.

Then - Leave only keyboard and mouse connected, disconnect all externally connected
devices such as Docking Station, USB storage devices, displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

Next - Press and Hold the Power button for 15 seconds to Hard Reset.
Rinse and Repeat; Re-Connect the AC adapter.

NOW begin checking/testing/proving the Hardware is fit for purpose.
Power on your PC, press ESC (repeatedly), then F2 at the prompt.
Choose System Tests (Fast Test does a 4 minute hardware check).
AND/OR
HOW DO I USE DIAGNOSTICS?

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics is a Windows-based utility that allows you to run diagnostic tests to determine if the computer hardware is functioning properly. The tool runs within the Windows operating system in order to diagnose hardware failures. HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows comes pre-installed on new HP computers, but if not on yours, download here:-
https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

HWT.png

The machine is about 5 years old, and the battery may be similar, so it is failing and could be replaced.

https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?searchText=L2Y69PA

740715-001 Battery pack (Primary) - 4-cell lithium-ion (Li-Ion), 2.8Ah, 41Wh

https://partsurfer.hp.com/ShowPhoto.aspx?partnumber=740715-001

If in doubt please ask.

HP Recommended

Ni its not working

HP Recommended

Hi

If the F2 diagnostics do not run then you are close to having a paperweight.

So without any more helpful info from you.......

I suggest you pay a professional to diagnose the problem,

HP Recommended

But my system is working fine it has no problem with battery,fan ,bios i have checked all the things. And i had even worked with the hp diagnosis tool but in all that it shows there is no issue. Ther is no tools gives any error with my system can u please tell me whats going wrong and why it is being happened.

HP Recommended

Hi

Battery life/capacity is something that reduces over time, and that may be what you are experiencing.

"And now i am facing some battery issues such as the battery doesn't charges upto 100%"

This does confuse me....

""my system is working fine it has no problem with battery,fan ,bios ""

So perhaps someone else will be able to explain it to you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.