Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have a quite serious problem with the HP BIOS CONFIG UTILITY.

We use it to prepare our notebooks for a Bitlocker rollout and on some HP notebooks the setting of the BIOS password and the following configuration via a paramter file will fail.

Here´s the error message, produced by the latest HP BIOS CONFIGURATION UTILITY:

ERROR:  <ERROR msg="Unable to decrypt password file: c:\test\aupassword.bin" />
Error during CryptAcquireContext. LastError = 0x        <ERROR msg="BCU return v
alue" real="10" translated="10" />
</BIOSCONFIG>

...the error code 0x80090345 seems important, but I have no clue where to search and whom to blame... 🙂

Somehow the decryption of the password file fails. Needless to say that exactly this password file works on a the majority of our clients, but we have about 10% where it will fail.

BTW: If I try to create a new password file for testing with  HPQPSWD.EXE, this will fail also on the affected machines.

As said - 90% working, 10% not at all...

Do you guys have any helpful ideas, hints - ideally a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Helmut

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have same problem here.

I can recreate passwordfile all i want problem remains

Unable to decrypt password file.

HP Recommended

Any solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.