4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Bitlocker optimization

HP Recommended
Probook 450 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear expert,

I have an HP Probook 450 G2 comes with 500GB of HDD and 4GB of memory. The TPM chip version is 1.2. I have formatted it Windows 10 Pro version 1803. I am planning to deploy Bitlocker on it, but I am wondering if I have to change the configuration of the BIOS from legacy to UEFI to avoid any issue in the future. I am also heard that I need to convert the drive from MBR to GPT.

What is the optimal configurations in my case please?

2 REPLIES 2
soccer_dan
Level 8
Level 8
1,195 1,195 74 153
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

windows 10 and bitlocker should work properly as is with your laptop. however, Microsoft often recommends that users migrate UEFI (with secureboot) and use GPT for Windows 10

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos
samerrustom
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks dan for your reply.

I have inserted the WIN 10 DVD then presed SHIFT + F10 to open the CMD.

I typed the following commands:

disk part
select disk 0 
clean
convert GPT

I thought the drive is changed to GPT but after booting up the drive i found it is still MBR.

Is it because the BIOS is not changed to UEFI configuration?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation