Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-12-2019 05:24 AM - last edited on 10-13-2019 02:50 AM by Arthur-c
I have bought a HP Pavilion dv6 but when I start the laptop I don't see nothing just BLACK ....
Idk edited** is that but the laptop is working and the screen is BLACK
10-14-2019 11:12 AM - edited 10-14-2019 11:15 AM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
- Have you tried checking the computer on an external monitor?
What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
BIOS default: (if the computer doesn't start up/power on you can skip the next step)
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community