Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I'm getting bluescreen on my HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2.

Error massage: ''DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL'', file ''ipeaklwf.sys''

I'm running W10 v1709.

The bluescreens have been more common recently - 2 times in a couple of hours today.

Forums indicate that this has to do with HP Velocity - is this correct? And is the fix to uninnstall HP Velocity?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I've tried deactivating HP Velocity - to see if that will solve the problem.

HP Recommended

Did this work for you? I did this with two x360's in my office and still blue screening? 

HP Recommended

Since the driver sits deep in the protocol stack there may be interactions with the antivirus products , the company VPN solutions and the firewall products or virtual environments.

Some or all of this may need to be uninstalled and then if the Microsoft Network troubleshooter can't fix it, Maybe the Microsoft Network Reset will.

I have no experience with HP Velocity, maybe there is nothing wrong with it, just the order of things may have caused the issues or maybe there is an update for it to fix the issue

People are using their precious remaining lifetime to try and help, so it is common courtesy to come back and tell what the solution eventually was even if you found it elsewhere. It is for the benefit of everyone.
HP Recommended

Hi. I've had no bleuscreens after diabling Velocity. Seems to work for now.

HP Recommended

For now, disabling HP Velocity seems to do the trick. I'm not shure if disabling Velocity decreases the performance of my client - Can't say that I have noticed any performance issues. 

Thank you for your response - I'll keep them in mind if my problem resurfaces.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.