Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook v5 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have a laptop that is 6 months old and I feel is suffering from some delay during boot up. After the HP Logo with with spinning circle, I get a black screen for approx 15-20 seconds, then the windows login screen. I have tried a clean boot and also one in safe mode but still its the same.

Laptop is

ZBook v5 G5 

Win 10 Pro (64 bit)

512 SSD

16GB RAM

Could someone please reply with their start up time for comparison.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

before anything else, i would make sure the system is up to date... use hp image assistant and update everything it suggests that needs it

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I had double and triple checked everything was updated and even a safe and clean boot didn’t seem to help.

In the end I decided to reset to factory defaults and start fresh. It has resolved the issue and I’m up to about 80% of the way through reinstalling the software I previously had on and still got a nice boot time of 15 seconds.

8.5 of those seconds are for the bios and what is strange is although I have disabled boot from USB it still seems to delay the bios that my external SSD is connected. Is there a fix for that?

That HP Image application was a good idea, nice to check everything is up to date.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.