Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently updated to Windows 10 1803 (OS Build 17134.165).

At first, brightness controls were completely unavailable and the font on my screen was very, very small. I updated the display driver for my Intel 520 HD and I am able to control brightness with the slider in settings.

However...my brightness function keys are still not working. All other keys are working just fine. I've attempted to update the hotkey drivers, sp87648.exe was the package (latest build) but this did not work (also restarted after all of this).

What am I missing here? Very dissapointed. Brand new high-end laptop, this is why windows PCs get a bad rap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Go to the drivers section for your laptop and under Sofware-Solutions download and install "HP Hotkey Support" and they should work again. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

same here, my brightness keys are not working. I tried restarting, updating, double checking all drivers if they are up to date. I'm seriously getting annoyed on what to do next. Any idea's?

HP Recommended

Go to the drivers section for your laptop and under Sofware-Solutions download and install "HP Hotkey Support" and they should work again. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the guidance, the above driver update worked perfectly.

All in all, had to update 3 drivers in order to get everything back to normal after the update (display, keyboard, and the above "HP Hotkeys".

Not the end of the world, but man...pity the average user who has a presentation and wakes up with their brand new laptop all jacked up. Has to be a better way...

HP Recommended

Thank You So Much! That worked for me! ^_^

I use this link to find the drivers I need for my specific laptop. Thank You!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-450-g5-notebook-pc/17047142

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.