cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

Brightness keys are not working

HP Recommended
Hp probook 450 g5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Dear sir/madam,

The keys for brightness are not working but the other keys(volume,.....)are working fine ,so i have a problem with just the brightness keys. I have an hp laptop probook 450 g5 i7,I just did a clean install of windows 10 three days ago.

Could you please help me fix it?
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Level 7
917 915 88 257
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You are missing a driver because of the clean install - probably this hotkey driver (click). If that doesn't fix your problem, I suggest you review the full list of drivers for your model.

Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi David,

Thanks for your help, I managed to fix the problem, as you said the hotkey software wasn't installed, I installed it and everything works fine now.
Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

hello, i have the exact same laptop and the same problem (sound, wifi, sleep keys are working, but display f1, brightness keys f3 f4, and silence microphone f8 not working)

i tried to install the driver you mentioned but i got a message that i had a newer driver that i had to unistall first

please let me know how can i unistall the newer driver, so i can install the driver you mentioned, or if there is going to be a fix

many thanks

Dimitris

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Hi Dimitris
Here's the link to the hotkey software, you should install it and reboot your laptop :

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-probook-450-g5-notebook-pc/17047142/sw...

If that didn't work install the Hp support assistant :

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/pl...

The support assistant gives you the option to analyze for missing drivers and install them .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i did try to install the driver and to download the hp support

again, when i try to install the driver

https://support.hp.com/ee-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-probook-450-g5-notebook-pc/17047142/sw...

i get the error message that a newer driver is installed and i need to uninstall the newer in order to install this one.

i dont know which is the new driver or how to uninstall it

thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I think you need to uninstall the hotkey driver and reinstall it, in my case it wasn't installed after the clean install of windows 10.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation