Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Tablet PRO X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have these four tablets where it has started showing the following error on screen. 

USB Type-C Controller Firmware Update failed on below Controller(s):

- CCG4 Primary 1-Port Controller

I have updated the BIOS, Updated Firmware drivers. I used to connect it to USB C  Mini Dock. Upgraded it's CCG4 firmware as well. I've done almost every thing. 

Has anyone come across this before? Any leads?

ccg4.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi AbdulRahim2,

i had the same issue on a unit with dead internal battery (worked only with power supply).

After contact with HP Support, i also did the steps you described, but this did not fix.

Then i replaced the battery as planned and suddenly the update was performed successfully.

Maybe your battery is faulty too !?

Regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I assume you are asking about the Probook x2 612 g2 tablet... if this is the case, i would try running the BIOS softpaq again (here is the english/US BIOS version - https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp94501-95000/sp94566.exe)... if that does not work, i recommend trying to install a previous version of the BIOS first (version 1.23 - https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp90001-90500/sp90136.exe) and then updating back to the current 1.25

The CCG4 is part of the BIOS update and is updating the usb-c port controller firmware - actually separate from the BIOS, but included in the update

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I Rolled back to 1.23 and it showed same error. Now I updated to 1.25 again and no difference. The issue is still there. 

HP Recommended

Hi AbdulRahim2,

i had the same issue on a unit with dead internal battery (worked only with power supply).

After contact with HP Support, i also did the steps you described, but this did not fix.

Then i replaced the battery as planned and suddenly the update was performed successfully.

Maybe your battery is faulty too !?

Regards,

Peter

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. I am waiting for an on-site tech to visit who’ll replace the batteries. Once done, ill be able to know and will keep you updated. 

HP Recommended

Hi Mate,

Just came to say you thanks. The issue was resolved by replacing the battery. So apparently, it was the Battery causing trouble. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.