Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

CCG4 Primary 1-Port Controller

Tablet PRO X2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have these four tablets where it has started showing the following error on screen. 

USB Type-C Controller Firmware Update failed on below Controller(s):

- CCG4 Primary 1-Port Controller

I have updated the BIOS, Updated Firmware drivers. I used to connect it to USB C  Mini Dock. Upgraded it's CCG4 firmware as well. I've done almost every thing. 

Has anyone come across this before? Any leads?

ccg4.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
PhD Student PhD Student
PhD Student
848 848 45 88
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I assume you are asking about the Probook x2 612 g2 tablet... if this is the case, i would try running the BIOS softpaq again (here is the english/US BIOS version - https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp94501-95000/sp94566.exe)... if that does not work, i recommend trying to install a previous version of the BIOS first (version 1.23 - https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp90001-90500/sp90136.exe) and then updating back to the current 1.25

The CCG4 is part of the BIOS update and is updating the usb-c port controller firmware - actually separate from the BIOS, but included in the update

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
AbdulRahim2 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I Rolled back to 1.23 and it showed same error. Now I updated to 1.25 again and no difference. The issue is still there. 

0 Kudos
Peter_Schneider Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi AbdulRahim2,

i had the same issue on a unit with dead internal battery (worked only with power supply).

After contact with HP Support, i also did the steps you described, but this did not fix.

Then i replaced the battery as planned and suddenly the update was performed successfully.

Maybe your battery is faulty too !?

Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
AbdulRahim2 Honor Student
Honor Student
3 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply. I am waiting for an on-site tech to visit who’ll replace the batteries. Once done, ill be able to know and will keep you updated. 

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation