Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Probok 650 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi Guys,

Ive got an annoying problem with my laptop that im really hoping someone on here can help me with.

When i run the laptop on the battery my cpu speed gets throttled right down leading to poor performance, even though im using the high performance plan in the power options (see image below)

1.jpg

Below is a screen shot running the dolphin emulator, as you can see the cpu speed is only at 1.6GHz. This leads to really poor in game performance, when i have the charger plugged in the games run at a full 60fps.

2.jpg

System specs are:

HP Probook 650 G2
Intel i5 6200u
8GB DDR4 2133
Intel HD520
Windows 10 Pro

Thanks for reading.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

On the BIOS, there is this setting

Enable Turbo Boost on DC                                                          *Disable,Enable

can you Enable it and see if the performance changes? It is Disbled by default

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

BUMP

Anyone else have this problem. Ive now tested 3 Probooks, two with 6200U cpus and one with a 6300U cpu. All had this same problem.

I contacted HP tech support but all they suggested was installing the latest drivers from their website (which i'd already told them id done) and reinstalling the OS, which ive done and it's made no difference.

HP Recommended

On the BIOS, there is this setting

Enable Turbo Boost on DC                                                          *Disable,Enable

can you Enable it and see if the performance changes? It is Disbled by default

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thanks. That's resolved the issue. Dont know why tech support couldn't have told me that, ive been messaging then back and fourth for the past couple of weeks.

Thanks again

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.