Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook x360 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Like the title says I can not pxe boot on the Elitebook x360 1030 G2. (p.no: Z2W63EA#ABH)

When i try to it goes to the netwrok pxe boot menu but just stays there. Also the lights on my hp network adapter (HP USB Ethernet adapter P.no XZ613AA#AC3) do not light up and stay off. I think the bios is not recognizing the adapter. It works fine on a HP spectre pro x360.

I tried:

-bios update

-disabeling secure boot options.

anyone had anny suggestions how to get this model to pxe boot?

BR, ZadminN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello

I did PXE boot using

• the Hp Thunderbolt 3 Dock 1DT93UT/1DT93AT/1DT93AA  (the last two letter is different depending of the country and sales channel.
  • and with HP N7P47AA  USB 3.0 to Gigabit adapter.

the one that you used looks like an old product just running at 10/100 only.

In order to have PXE boot , the BIOS must support the Ethernet adapter you are going to use.

Also this should be supported  the USB-C version V8Y76AA..

bye

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello

I did PXE boot using

• the Hp Thunderbolt 3 Dock 1DT93UT/1DT93AT/1DT93AA  (the last two letter is different depending of the country and sales channel.
  • and with HP N7P47AA  USB 3.0 to Gigabit adapter.

the one that you used looks like an old product just running at 10/100 only.

In order to have PXE boot , the BIOS must support the Ethernet adapter you are going to use.

Also this should be supported  the USB-C version V8Y76AA..

bye

HP Recommended

Hi ZadmiN, 

Check the thread here:

<https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/General/message-id/145433/>

Might be of some assistance. 

HP Recommended

@TryToDoMybest thanx for your reply. Is what I feared. So I can add another adapter/docking to the collection just for pxe booting. Ill order the gigabit adapter and see if that works.

@adamchilcott Thanx for your reply but I do not even get that far. The bios seems not to boot from my network adapter. So I think its a incompatible adapter like Trytodomybest suggested.

HP Recommended

HP N7P47AA  USB 3.0 to Gigabit adapter works like a charm.

Still kinda anoying i had to get another set of adapters because the old adapters are not supported anymore. Well going to do some imaging now. thanx for the help!

HP Recommended

Hi

Is there any solution to do a pxe boot with a tb3 dock?

:indifferent:

HP Recommended

According to the documentation here:

"http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/4AA6-5088ENW.pdf"

To PXE boot from the NW port on a connected TB3 dock:

FastBoot must be disabled (under Advanced --> Boot Options).

In addition, the Thunderbolt Security Level in the BIOS has to be set to 0 (no security) - this can be found in the Advanced --> Port Options menu.  To see the "No Security" item in the drop down menu you first have unselect the option "Require BIOS PW to change TBT SL" on the same BIOS page.

Finally you should check that the "Network (PXE) Boot" option is enabled (also under Advanced --> Boot Options).

HP Recommended

Hmm that sounds not really like a soltution more like a workaround, i have the same issues with ah 1030g3 X360. But i will try it. Thank you 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.