Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 820 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My Elitebook 820 G3 came with a Micron M2 SATA SSD, that supported opal 2.0 encrytpion but not Encrypted drive for microsoft bitlocker. HP has an advisory about this: https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c05348215

I bought a Samsung 970 EVO that supports hardware encryption through bitlocker, what Microsoft call Encrypted Drive (eDrive), but bitlocker says that hardware encrytpion is not available on my system.

For what I have read on the Samsung forums, this is due to the BIOS not passing the proper commands to drives conencted to the NVMe PCIexpress slot, and it needs an update.

Does anyone here have any exprerience with this?

My BIOS configurations are as follow:20181111_161649.jpg20181111_161705.jpg20181111_161715.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Or is there a way to contact HP directly about this issue? I am not sure how to get through to someone at HP that handles this sort of thing

HP Recommended

I have updated to BIOS version N75 Ver. 01.38 01/20/2019.

Freash installed windows, and still am unable to use hardware encryption.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.