Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Probook

Trying to order but yells me an error cannot have 8gig ram w/ operating system. I already own windows 10 pro and do not need to pay the $89 for it, I will install it myself, but the purchase or add to cart is grayed out and it will not let me do it. If I have to purchase another OS, should probably be Mac, old computer currently with Win10Pro will be changed to linux.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@alignedfibers 

There are SOME series which allow you to order without 10 but not available at this stage.

>>>> old computer currently with Win10Pro will be changed to linux.

Your old license on your old computer probably won't work on new computer because it is Microsoft rule, not HP.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Old MS Install Image has migrated to every computer I have moved the drive to. It is not OEM I purchased the licence directly from Microsoft. The licensed OS should continue to work just fine. I can contact microsoft for new licence code if it stops working, if I throw away my old hardware and upgrade should not force me to purchase  a new full version of win 10 pro which I paid like $300 for at time. I have a type of license that should allow me to move to new equipment.

HP Recommended

It depends on the system you are wanting to buy.  You will probably need to search for a system that allows for customization.  Select the option to Customize & Buy a particular platform (400 or 600 series ProBook).  When you look at the options for customization, look in the section for OS and select the option, if available, for FreeDOS 3.0. 

Here is an example for a ProBook 650 G5.

Joel_R_0-1584633549173.png

Joel

I am an HP Employee.

If you like my post, click the thumbs up.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.