Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-12-2018 05:43 PM
Good day. Thank you for visiting the HP community. I will be more than glad to assist you.
- Did you check with an external USB mouse and see if that works correctly?
- Did you run diagnostics on the touchpad?
Let's try these steps:
Hard reset the notebook by following directions from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768
- Then run hardware diagnostics on the notebook from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03467259 and follow the section under component tests" and run diagnostics on the touchpad.
- If it fails, make a note of the failure code. The touchpad needs to be replaced.
- Also, try with an external mouse to check if it works correctly.
If it passes try these steps:
- Right-Click on start button> click device manager> expand Mice and other pointing devices>then select the Synaptics touchpad drivers. right-click on it and uninstall the touchpad drivers. Then check the box delete the software for this device
- Then try to reinstall the bios and touchpad drivers from this link: http://hp.com/drivers and follow the on-screen instructions.
Now check if it gets fixed. If it continues, then perform all the relevant steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-13-u100-x360-convertible-pc/12589419/document/c0464... (HP Notebook PCs - Keyboard, TouchPad, or ClickPad Troubleshooting)
Now set up and configure the touchpad and check if it gets fixed.
If the issue continues, then there is more to it than meets the eye. The computer may need to be serviced.
I will send you a private message to assist you with the next course of action. Check your forum private message box in the upper right corner next to the bell icon.
Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community