Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 14-cd2053cl
Microsoft Windows 11

My question is, can I charge my HP pavillion 360 10th gan using USC - C

And if I need the same charger spec. (19.5 V , 2.31A) or can I use another charger , I know it would effect the charging speed but would it effect the charging hardware? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Eslam_G wrote:

Yes it is , unless it my one has a silver badge including the word (10 th Gen)

@Eslam_G 

I don't know. I have to follow official specs which clearly says it has one USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate) port.

The badge has (10 th Gen) that mean its has 10th Gen Process sore which is  Intel® Core™ i5-10210U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 4.2 GHz base with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)

We are talking USB-C port here.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Eslam_G 

To be able to charge your machine using USB-C port, its USB-C port must support USB Power Delivery and charger must have wattage rating equal or above 45 W AC power adapter

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c06469317

which shows it ONLY has 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate) port therefore you can NOT use USB-C chargers to charge your machine.

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

First, I would like to thank your good self for the data you have mentioned, specially the charger specs 

Meanwhile,  my laptop is Gen 10 (or 10th gen) not gen 1 therefore I would like to check if this one also a data usb-c  port

Thank you again for your time to guide me

Best regards 

HP Recommended

@Eslam_G 

Dis you check the specs above ? Is it your machine or a different machine ?

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

@Eslam_G wrote:

@Eslam_G 

I don't know. I have to follow official specs which clearly says it has one USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C™ (Data Transfer Only, 5 Gb/s signaling rate) port.

The badge has (10 th Gen) that mean its has 10th Gen Process sore which is  Intel® Core™ i5-10210U (1.6 GHz base frequency, up to 4.2 GHz base with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB cache, 4 cores)

We are talking USB-C port here.

Regards.

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.