Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Zbook G7 Fury

Hello,

I would like to inquire about the possible cause and solution of a recent problem that I'm having. As of this week, I've noticed that several of our Zbook Workstations are not recognizing the ethernet connection on HP Elite Thunderbolt G3 docks. This was not an issue earlier as I had tested the compatibility between G7 Fury workstations a few months ago.  

I can see that the network adapter has the following error attached:
"This device is blocked from starting while the user is not logged in. (Code 55)"
which suggests a security patch related to BitLocker is causing the issue

Any suggestions?

So far I've tested several workstations, as listed (with BIOS ver. attached), running Win10:
Working - Zbook 15 G3 - Bios N81 ver. 01.52
Not Working - Zbook 15 G5 - Bios Q70 ver. 01.16.00
Not Working - Zbook Fury 15 G7 - Bios S92 ver.01.05.00

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello

could it due to a group policy setting in Windows 10 that prevenst DMA attacs,  That setting disable USB ports on every thunderbolt docking , included LAN which is connected on an USB bus, like it happens in this docking.

it may be "Disable new DMA devices when this computer is locked"

bye

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.