Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteBook x360 1040 G7
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used HP Softpaq to download and install bios, drivers and firmware for my PCs in the past.  I've noticed this program was retired last year.  I've checked out HP Image Assist, and that operates like Softpaq did, but it seems like its only downloads each .exe for every driver, but does not install them.  I then found HP Support Assist.  This seems like it updates drivers.  Does it do firmware and bios as well, right when a new one is released for your laptop or docking station? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Once you click the Download button, the program will ask you what to do:

- Download only

or
- Download and extract

or

- Download, extract and install (only for SP packages that support silent automatic install, most do)

Untitled.png

You may also check this YouTube video >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCdT9Ti1WTA

Hope this helps.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013

View solution in original post

This movie will guide you through the most important things about HP Image Assistant. A tool where you can check if your unit has the latest drivers and bios (+ BIOS settings) also some security features and the a checklist if you want to migrate to Microsoft Windows 10 for all HP Commercial PC's
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @NismoZ 

For the docking stations (firmware updates) you should apply updates manually. Most people never do it, though.

For a business class device, best app to use for such situations is HP Image Assistant. It does support download+install only if the .exe supports silent installation (most support it).

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

HP PCs - Using HP Image Assistant | HP® Customer Support
I've taken a look in the Image Assist program, and only see were you can download driver packs.  Haven't seen where the program installs them as well.  The document above also supports what I've found.

HP Consumer Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS (Basic Input Output System) | HP® Customer Support
It seems like HP Support Assistant can do drivers and bios.  May not do dock firmware.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Once you click the Download button, the program will ask you what to do:

- Download only

or
- Download and extract

or

- Download, extract and install (only for SP packages that support silent automatic install, most do)

Untitled.png

You may also check this YouTube video >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCdT9Ti1WTA

Hope this helps.

This movie will guide you through the most important things about HP Image Assistant. A tool where you can check if your unit has the latest drivers and bios (+ BIOS settings) also some security features and the a checklist if you want to migrate to Microsoft Windows 10 for all HP Commercial PC's
HP Recommended

Excellent, just click the download button and the install option is behind that.  Image Assistant closely matches functionality of Softpaq, which I used to use.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.