HP Recommended
Probook 6540b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

ACPI\HPQ0004\3&33FD14CA&0
on PCI Express Root Complex
Base System Device

Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
Microsoft AC Adapter

my AC adapter is as per part # and is working for last many years .It works for hours without batteries but with batteries installed ,it charge batteries to 80% and sometimes 100% and picture of ac adapter disappears and my machine automatically goes to battery.and then it discharged and I have to go in device manager and to uninstall 2 base system devices(unknown devices) and in batteries I have to uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery
Microsoft AC Adapter ,then it charge the batteries once only.it is a circle

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,402 122,579 20,156 30,926
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need these drivers for:

ACPI\HPQ0004

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp64001-64500/sp64144.exe

Base system device:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46999.exe

For the other issues, I would see if updating the chipset driver to the latest version on the Intel site and restarting the PC, resolves the problem.  The driver will work on W10...download, unzip and run the setup application.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20018/INF-Update-Utility-Primarily-for-Intel-6-5-4-3-900-S...

If that doesn't work I suggest you start a new post, because there are no W10 drivers for those devices.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation