Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 8540W
Linux

Hello everybody,

without warning the display of my Elitebook 8540W has started showing serious display disturbances, see photo below. When I connect an external display it works without fault.

My conclusion would be that the graphic card, a Quadro FX 1800M, works fine, and it's the display unit that needs to be exchanged?

Any other ideas on what to check or what may cause this error? Thanks in advance!

elitebook_screen.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Turns out it was the screen, replacement cost me 70 Euro, process wasn't too complicated

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Turns out it was the screen, replacement cost me 70 Euro, process wasn't too complicated

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.