Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite Z2X62EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I'm a programmer and use my notebook for work. Some days ago I bought Z2X62EA .

I have a problem with fn lock and F keys.  I want to use F1..F12 keys as on standard keyboard and if I need Mute sound, a want to press FN+F5, not only F5. I know about fn+shift combination, it works, but not for me. 

Often I need to select line of code from current cursor position to the start or to the end of line.

So, I use combination Shift + fn + left  or right arrow.  

Shift - for selection

fn - for use "home" or "end" on arrow button. 

So, when I press shift and fn it's not working - it switchs off/on the fn lock.

In the BIOS there is no setting. 

So, what can I do? How I can make standard F keys and disable switching on/off fn lock?

Thanks a lot!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@AlexSpR

Have you tried changing Action Keys mode in BIOS?

https://support.hp.com/nz-en/document/c02035108

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Hello.

As I wrote, there is no this option in BIOS. Here is new bios, with mouse support, not old blue bios.

HP Recommended

No ideas? 😞

HP Recommended

From the User Guide:

The action key feature is enabled at the factory. You can disable this feature by pressing and holding the fn key and the left shift key. The fn lock light will turn on. After you have disabled the action key feature, you can still perform each function by pressing the fn key in combination with the appropriate action key.

HP Recommended

Your Support page with User Guide and all other available info:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-elitebook-x360-1030-g2/14169372/model/14169376/manuals?sku=Z...

HP Recommended

Hello, CherylG.

I know about this feature and wrote about it in my first post.

”Often I need to select line of code from current cursor position to the start or to the end of line.
So, I use combination Shift + fn + left or right arrow.
Shift - for selection
fn - for use "home" or "end" on arrow button.
So, when I press shift and fn it's not working - it switchs off/on the fn lock.”

HP Recommended

@AlexSpR

Got it now. Sorry I overlooked that in first post. I have scoured the info available on your model and the only thing I can find is the shift + fn. Odd that HP didn't put an option in BIOS like some other laptops. Only other suggestion I can think of would be to switch to right shift key if possible when using shift + fn + arrow.

HP Recommended

@CherylG

Unfortunatelly, it's not possible. Fn + Right Shift = Print Screen.

I only need to disable switch off/on the fn lock by combination fn + shift.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.